Entry Hints & Tips
The deadline for entering this year’s Lewes District Business Awards is quickly creeping up; submissions must be with us by 17:00 on 4 May.
If you have not started writing your report or perhaps you have and just need some help on how to improve it, below are useful hints and tips to ensure you make the best submission possible.
Celebrating excellence amongst the District’s business community, the Awards are FREE TO ENTER and open to organisations of all sizes and sectors.
- Read the entry criteria and ensure that you understand what the judges will be looking for.
- Make sure you address all points outlined in the entry criteria, which can be found online here.
- When discussing numbers, tell the judges what the actual figures were, rather than just using percentages. This will add credibility to your submission.
- The awards are judged by a panel that have different backgrounds within the events industry. Keep this in mind when writing your report and explain things clearly. Don’t assume that the judges know your business.
- Use testimonials where possible.